PoolBusters was founded in 1989 by John Kore, as a way to offset what he discovered to be the high costs associated with maintaining his newly installed swimming pool. A school teacher at Notre Dame Catholic High School in Welland, John utilized the summer break as an ideal time to conduct business from his home in the sale of chemicals and accessories.
In naming the business John turned to his 8 year old son Ryan for some input. Being an avid fan of the Ghostbusters movie; his reply was that the business should be called “PoolBusters”. A large sign advertising factory direct chemicals was placed on the front of the yard much to the dismay of John’s wife Rae Anne. The sign which can still be seen today at our new retail store served as a landmark to the rural area, often attracting new customers. As the years passed and the business grew John began to offer opening and closing services at rates that were half of the traditional dealers. A practice which is still applied today as our opening and closing costs are still the cheapest of all our competitors. Needing help with these new services John enlisted the help of his son Ryan as well as his nephews; Brent, Brad, Greg and Blair. In 2010, after taking his retirement, John passed the business to his son Ryan. With 25 years of swimming pool industry experience and a commitment to satisfying his customers; Ryan steadily expanded the business. In May of 2012, PoolBusters opened its first dedicated retail location at the corner of Canboro Road and Effingham Street just outside Fonthill in Ridgeville. After three great years at this location; it was time again for PoolBusters to expand. Opening on May 4th of 2015 our new state of the art facility is located in the heart of Fonthill just behind the landmark Mossimo’s Pizzeria.
PoolBusters has now grown to offer a full range of swimming pool products and services as well as custom inground pools, concrete work and automated control systems. Although we’ve grown we still value our work and our customers in the same way as we always have. From one generation to the next Pool Busters will continue to offer our customers the absolute best products, services and customer support you’ve come to expect.
Just prior to ribbon cutting. From left to right: John Durley - Pelham City Councillor, John Kore - PoolBusters Founder, Ryan Kore - Poolbusters Owner, Gary Accursi - Acting Mayor of Pelham, Brianna Kore - Ribbon Cutting Expert OUR MISSION
- PoolBusters is dedicated to providing quality products and service to each and every one of our customers.
- We take an active interest in the advances of the swimming pool industry and apply those by offering dynamic new products and service techniques.
- We have based our business principals on transparency and integrity. We have been in the business of maintaining and repairing swimming pools for the last 24 years.
- We focus on providing solutions to our customer’s needs that are economical, user friendly and reliable. Our recommended pool chemical system is by far the simplest and most effective strategy on the market.
- We are fully licensed and insured. We take pride in providing a reliable, consistent and professional service to our customers. We will treat you and your property with respect and courtesy.
- We understand that our customers want to have a stress free experience when they look out into their backyard.
- A swimming pool is about enjoyment and relaxation not about stress and frustration.
- We are very much about being available to our customers, we try to answer each phone call so that you do not have to talk to a machine. In the event that we are on another line and you do have to leave a message we will promptly return your call.